On Monday we hosted a whole passle of kiddos at our new house for a play date and later that night I joined up with some girl friends to watch The Bachelor Finale (note: I was all the way #teambecca, but honestly after seeing him and Whitney and reading some stuff online they seem pretty legit)! Along with some veggies + hummus I was able to pop these yummy Spinwheels in the oven – not only did the mommies love them but some of the babies liked them too! So here you have it, a super simple, quick and easy recipe based off of your traditional tortilla-cream cheese spinach pinwheel.
Basil Parmesan Spinwheels
- 2 cans of crescent roll dough
- 1 8oz package of Greek Cream Cheese (a greek yogurt + cream cheese spread)
- 2-3 tbsp of chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup graded parmesan
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F*
- Roll out crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface and pinch together the perforation for the crescent rolls making it one large sheet of dough (I know Pillsbury makes a perforation-less version of their dough so by all means use that and save a step!)
- Soften the Greek Cream Cheese in the microwave until easily mixed with a spoon (about 30 seconds-1 minute)
- Fold chopped basil, garlic, parmesan, and salt and pepper to Greek Cream Cheese until evenly distributed throughout the entire mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of your cream cheese mixture on to your crescent roll dough using the back of a spoon or small spatula.
- Lay baby spinach leaves in a layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll up your crescent roll dough + cream cheese + spinach.
- Cut your crescent roll log into 1/4 inch – 1/2 inch slices and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes in the oven, let cool, and enjoy!