Rejoining the world of quick takers and following Jen and the lovely bunch for 7 quick ones!
1. My students have been cracking me up this week. I know that more often than not I catch myself complaining about long hours and extra stress, but my kiddos this year really know how to make me realize why I went into this profession in the first place. For example the note below:
Best part of my day. One of my students decided to use her free reading time to write a friendly letter to a student in the class next door and ended it with “I love you more than chocolate pie.” These are serious friendship commitments we have going on here in 3rd grade. We don’t mess around.
2. It feels like fall outside. It actually felt appropriate to drink my Pumpkin Spice Latte this morning.
3. We had our 12 week appointment yesterday and everything in babyland is going swimmingly! I celebrated this stellar report with aforementioned PSL and bagel+cream cheese this morning. My doctor was having a tough time finding the little one’s heart beat so we ended up getting more sonogram pictures. Not complaining! It was pretty funny because it ended up that the baby was alllllllll the way in the back hiding and just chillin’ like a villain with it’s hands behind it’s head. Hopefully that chill attitude remains throughout this pregnancy and upon entering this world. 😉
Head and hands are on the left side and big ol’ pumpkin belly is on the right.
4. Realizing I’m running out of takes and you’re only half way through… I might need to add more excitement to my life.
5. I’ve been thinking a lot about vocations lately – but I supposed that could be it’s own post so I’ll leave it at that. It tends to be a topic with some heft.
6. Going to the new Alamo Draft House we have now to see Elysium and munch on some delicious food. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe these wonderful creations to be only a Texas thing. If you haven’t been yet – you should go it’s a wonderful time. They have strict no talking and texting rules and have pretty good food and the best popcorn to have ever entered my mouth. Go.
7. Contemplating whether or not to do bump updates (bumpdates if you will – the words are begging to be combined) on the blog.
Have a happy!
One thought on “7 quick ones”
"bumpdates"? Combining my love of babies with my love of puns? Needless to say, yes, I most certainly will!And vocations – I have been thinking a lot about this too, and I'm very interested in hearing what you have to say. Basically, this whole thing just reminds me of how long it's been since I've talked to you God bless! 🙂